8 Nov 2022
Belden Complements I/O Systems Portfolio with New IO-Link Master Solutions
New LioN-X and LioN-Xlight IO-Link Masters Simplify Connectivity for Fast and Secure Data Transmission
Neckartenzlingen, Germany – November 08, 2022 – Belden, a leading global supplier of specialty networking solutions, has announced the expansion of its Lumberg Automation LioN family to further advance IIoT connectivity in industrial automation.
The powerful new LioN-X IO-Link Masters provide a faster, more reliable and secure approach to collecting, converting and transmitting sensor and actuator data in automated production environments and is specified according to the latest IO-Link specification IO-Link V1.1.3. Now with increased speed capabilities, the advanced solution enables manufacturers to optimize production processes and improve efficiency through state-of-the-art connectivity.
“The LioN-X portfolio enables our customers to deploy a full connectivity solution as they transition to Industry 4.0.” said Brian Lieser, VP and Managing Director Industrial Network Solutions at Belden. “The future-ready solution is at the core of providing secure communication from the sensor to the cloud”
Available in two new variations – the LioN-X, built for maximum performance, and the cost-effective LioN-Xlight – each product line offers a flexible solution to meet the needs of any manufacturing operation for machine connectivity and data collection.
With the LioN-X family, users benefit from:
- Versatile protocol communication, easily connecting digital I/O signals and IO-Link devices for a variety of fieldbuses (Profinet, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, Modbus TCP, CC-Link IE field basic), as well as supporting IIoT integration with OPC UA, MQTT, CoAP and REST for cloud applications.
- Easy to configure with the LioN-Management Suite V2.0 and its IODD interpreter functionality, an advanced software solution that speeds the time to configure both the LioN-X and IO-Link devices. The same, intuitive configuration with an IODD interpreter is also available on the LioN-X webserver.
- Fast data transfer with short cycle times, ensuring that IO-Link data reaches controllers quickly and reliably.
- Innovative security functionality, minimizing the risk of unauthorized access to equipment and the network with ACHILLES and vulnerability-tested data transmission.
- Unmatched power and connectivity through its M12 Power L-coded connectors.
“As manufacturers look to increase the efficiency of their operations through advanced automation, a simple and flexible solution that can streamline data collection and distribution offers them significant advantages,” said Svenja Litz, cluster manager for I/O systems, field switches and accessories at Belden. “The LioN-X portfolio is designed specifically for that purpose – providing seamless integration into many different PLC and cloud environments, allowing high-speed applications for maximum productivity, and providing additional industry-certified security.”
The LioN-X family is housed within a proven, strong design for durability and reliability even in the harsh environments of machine building, food and beverage, automotive, and metal manufacturing. There are versatile LioN-X and LioN-Xlight IO-Link Master variants available, supporting IO-Link Class A and/or IO-Link Class B ports. The products’ smaller footprint optimizes space utilization and streamlines connections to improve productivity, security and network management.
For more information on the new LioN-X family, please visit belden.com/lion-x
P.O. Box 9
5900 AA VENLO
Notes for editors
Belden Inc. delivers the infrastructure that makes the digital journey simpler, smarter and secure. We’re moving beyond connectivity, from what we make to what we make possible through a performance-driven portfolio, forward-thinking expertise and purpose-built solutions. With a legacy of quality and reliability spanning 120-plus years, we have a strong foundation to continue building the future. We are headquartered in St. Louis and have manufacturing capabilities in North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. For more information, visit us at www.belden.com; follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Belden and the Belden logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Belden Inc. or its affiliated companies in the United States and other jurisdictions. Belden and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.