21 Feb 2019
Milliken to showcase its portfolio of reactive additives for polyurethane at PSE Europe 2019
- From vibrant colorants to additives that provide stability and protect against degradation, Milliken offers a variety of solutions to PU processors
- Visit Milliken at Booth 450 in Munich, Germany, on March 26-28
Ghent, Belgium – Milliken, leading supplier of polymer-bound colorants and additives for the polyurethane industry, invites PSE Europe 2019 visitors to discover its unique fully reactive polymeric additive technologies focused on enhancing performance, improving visual appearance and preserving the long-term quality of polyurethane (PU) systems –– all without contributing to VOC or FOG levels.
Milliken’s polymeric technologies are based on OH-terminated chains and are 100% reactive into the PU foam, elastomer or coating. Integrated within the final PU article during manufacturing, they avoid migration and loss of properties over time. The polymeric antioxidant technology supports polyol manufacturers and polyurethane producers in addressing the major issues of degradation and discoloration of PU articles due to light and heat sensitivity, while improving the emission profile of their products, and meeting the most demanding test requirements for VOC and FOG such as VDA278.
Visitors to Milliken’s Booth 450 can look forward to:
- Reactint® Colorants: 100% homogenous liquid and fully compatible with all types of PU systems, they offer high color strength and can be added in-line for a quick response to market demands. Milliken will also show the benefits of Reactint colorants in CASE and epoxy applications, where it can provide brighter and more intensive shades.
- Milliguard™ AOX for PU foam: active against scorch and foam yellowing, the additives ensure reduced scorch in polyether and polyester foam, as well as in TPUs and elastomers, with delayed yellowing after NOx exposure and reduced emissions.
- Milliguard AOX for polyol stabilization: supports VDA 278 compliance and improved foam stability and performance.
- Milliguard UVX: improves UV performance and VDA 278 compliance for highly demanding PU and TPU applications, including elastomers, coatings and stay-white PU foam parts.
Additional products include AlphaSan AF VT, a stable dispersion designed to provide cost-effective antimicrobial and antifungal performance in foam applications that require special protection, such as sponges, furniture, mattresses and pillows.
“Milliken’s additive technologies bring a comprehensive and fresh approach to the challenges facing the polyurethane industry. They offer a substantial improvement in areas such as UV stability and emission reduction, and create opportunities to cost-effectively add value and improve end-product appeal through innovative functionality or color choices,” comments Antoni Puig, Product Line Manager EMEA – PU Colorants & Additives, Milliken.
Creating opportunities for deeply colored polyurethane foam
Reactint Colorants provide the highest quality, homogenously colored PU foams that meet the latest marketing deep color trends with reduced inventory and less cost. Reactint Colorants allow foamers to use color for market differentiation and branding purposes, without affecting the physical properties of the foam.
Reader enquiriesMilliken Chemical
Veerle de Wolf
+32 9 265 1136
Notes for editors
Milliken has been solving everyday problems with innovative solutions for more than 150 years. Our research, design, and manufacturing expertise reaches across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemicals, floor covering, and performance and protective textiles. An unwavering commitment to ethics guides our work to redefine how we add strength and protection to products, how we infuse vibrancy and color into our surroundings, and how we care for the environment. For us, success is when discoveries made within Milliken help us all have more meaningful connections with the world. Discover Milliken at chemical.milliken.com, and join us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Reactint, Milliken, and the Milliken logo are registered trademarks of Milliken & Company.
Milliguard is a trademark of Milliken & Company.