5 Feb 2020
INEOS Styrolution presents a wide range of styrenics solutions for the healthcare industry at Pharmapack in Paris, France
- Novodur® HD materials: material of choice for casing of medical devices, available in multiple colors
- Range of new styrenics materials allow for making complete IV sets
- Learn about current developments at INEOS Styrolution for your healthcare application of tomorrow
INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, exhibits the latest styrenics developments for the healthcare industry at the Pharmapack 2020 Show in Paris, France Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles – Hall 7.2, booth K78, February 5-6). This year, the company focuses on solutions for casing of medical devices as well solutions for the development of entire styrenics based IV sets and components for IV sets.
Styrolux® 4G60 is well suited for drip chamber applications. Other Styrolux® grades can also be considered, depending on the specific design of the drip chamber, connection method, and desired feel of the molded part. All Styrolux® grades have excellent transparency, good flowability, and great bonding characteristics all of which make them ideal choices for drip chamber applications.
In combination with Styrolux® for drip chambers, the new medical tubing grade Styroflex® 4G80 provides an opportunity to develop an entire IV set from next-generation materials.
Terlux® and Zylar® are excellent materials for Luer locks and IV connectors. These materials exhibit excellent transparency, good mechanical strength and stiffness and excellent chemical resistance/ good environmental stress cracking resistance (ESCR) and bonding performance. In addition, the good processability of these materials make them excellent materials for both complicated and multicavity tooling.
For superior stiffness of IV Spikes, INEOS Styrolution has develop Novodur® HD M203 FC G3 with 16% glass fiber content. It offers easy moldability, excellent property retention after gamma-radiation, E-beam, NO2 or EtO sterilization, and excellent bondability.
Casing for healthcare applications:
INEOS Styrolution’s Novodur® HD materials offer a well-balanced mix of properties that make them the material of choice for a range of casing applications. The ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) copolymers offer good impact strength, dimensional stability and heat resistance and colorability.
The material is a perfect fit for applications such as inhalers or injector pens. They are also the material of choice for the segment of wearable devices. This segment is growing due to an aging population resulting in an increasing number of home devices. Mobile devices also help clinicians in their daily work, e.g. with long-term blood pressure measurement devices.
INEOS Styrolution’s materials meet the requirements of the European and Japanese pharmacopoeia and have tested according to the USP Class Biological Reactivity Tests Class VI and relevant ISO 10993 standards.
Pacôme Mancel, Sales Director Healthcare & Packaging Specialties EMEA invites customers to meet at the INEOS Styrolution booth: “We constantly work on innovations for the healthcare industry. Our specialists look forward to in-depth discussions with developers to share current developments and share experience. We would also like to share our innovative recycling solutions for styrenics and our ambitious work aimed at a circular economy and the impact on the healthcare industry.”
The following three HD (healthcare/diagnostics) packages are available from INEOS Styrolution:
- Full Service HD Package (risk class I and II applications): Grades come with a notification of change (NOC) term up to 36 months with a signed, long-term supply contract. Additionally, these grades include, full regulatory compliance (USP class VI, ISO 10993, EU and US food contact compliance, DMF, letter of authorization), and increased technical support (color and application development, design support, etc.). Grades include Novodur® HD, Terlux® HD, and Luran® HD.
- Essential HD Package (risk class I and II applications): Grades include, 12 months notification of change (NOC) with a signed, long-term supply contract. Food contact statements, USP class VI, ISO 10993 and drug master file (DMF) number. These grades include, NAS®, Zylar®, Styroflex®, Styrolux® and K-Resin®.
- Standard Food Contact Package (risk class I applications only): Grades include, FDA and EU food contact statements only. These grades include general-purpose polystyrene, high-impact polystyrene, and standard ABS grades.
 „HD“ referring to solutions for the healthcare and diagnostics industries.
Reader enquiriesINEOS Styrolution
INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH
Mainzer Landstraße 50
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Notes for editors
About INEOS Styrolution
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 85 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering the best possible solution, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, toys/sports/leisure, and packaging. In 2018, sales were at 5.4 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,500 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
More information: www.ineos-styrolution.com.