7 Mar 2019
INEOS Styrolution presents latest news on its composite StyLight® at JEC World 2019
- Meet INEOS Styrolution’s specialists at JEC 2019 in Paris in hall 6 at booth C55
- Visit the joint presentation with ARRK Shapers’ on a StyLight® concept used for the production of automotive interior parts
- Explore new StyLight® demonstration parts at the Innovation Planet
- Discover the new StyLight® Aesthetic based on polypropylene (PP)
INEOS Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, will share the latest news around its styrenics’ based composite StyLight® at the JEC World 2019 in Paris (March 12-14, 2019, Paris-Nord, Villepinte). The new material excels with a combination of structural stiffness, aesthetics, processability and dimensional stability making it the material of choice for a broad range of applications in the automotive, electronics and sports industries. Particularly convincing is its unique surface quality offering a visible carbon fibre design and a surface quality close to Class A.
Visitors of the JEC World 2019 in Paris will have several opportunities to pick up the latest news around the innovative StyLight composite.
- INEOS Styrolution experts are available in hall 6 at booth C55 to discuss with customers the use of StyLight with specific new design concepts. Topics to be jointly explored with the experts include product properties and optimisation of the production process for the targeted surface design.
- Martin Köhler (Business Development Manager at INEOS Styrolution) and Pierre Audic (R&D Innovation Engineer at ARRK Shapers’) will jointly present a mold design specifically developed by ARRK Shapers’ with INEOS Styrolution’s SAN based carbon composite StyLight. The new concept results in a significant cost reduction compared to the Epoxy carbon version while offering the recycling potential of the thermoplastic composite.
- Two StyLight exhibits will be presented at the Innovation Planet at JEC World. The first one, manufactured by ARRK Shapers’, is a demo part of an automotive center console. The second one demonstrates the surface quality and the shaping options available with StyLight. This second exhibit was jointly developed with Neue Materialien Fürth GmbH (NMF) and coated with the coating system from Berlac. More parts will be visible on the booth C55 including a brand new PP based StyLight suitable for aesthetic applications.
“Since its first appearance at JEC two years ago, our SAN based composite StyLight has made significant progress. Over the past year, we have improved our material quality and optimised the production processing parameters for our customers to realise new application designs,” explains Pierre Juan, VP Future Business and Innovation. “The cooperation with ARRK Shapers’, for example, has led to the full validation of StyLight according to the automotive interior specification of leading car manufacturers. We are very pleased with the very positive reaction of our customers and we have decided to introduce for the first time at JEC a new family of StyLight based on a modified PP, jointly developed with our partner NMF and offering an outstanding surface quality.”
Reader enquiriesINEOS Styrolution
INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH
Mainzer Landstraße 50
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Notes for editors
About INEOS Styrolution
INEOS Styrolution is the leading global styrenics supplier, with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 85 years of experience, INEOS Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering the best possible solution, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, toys/sports/leisure, and packaging. In 2018, sales were at 5.4 billion euros. INEOS Styrolution employs approximately 3,500 people and operates 20 production sites in ten countries.
More information: www.ineos-styrolution.com