7 Jul 2015
Ascend: total message translation around the globe
EMG and sister company Marketing Solutions have successfully supported this leading material supplier at trade shows all over the world
Bergen op Zoom, July 7, 2015 – Ascend Performance Materials is a leading global producer of PA66 resin, chemicals and fibres. From 2009, the company has worked with EMG China/Marketing Solutions in China to gain maximum visibility during the annual Chinaplas shows.
K 2013: transferring the Chinaplas experience to Europe
When Ascend decided to take part in the K 2013 in Düsseldorf, it was a natural step for the Marketing Solutions team in Europe to work with the company on its K 2013 campaign, build media relationships and further support its goal to gain enhanced global visibility.
Working in close partnership with the Ascend team, Marketing Solutions built on the company’s momentum by translating and repurposing key messages and communication materials. Moreover, Marketing Solutions also took care of other aspects, including serving as the liaison with stand builders, arranging customer invites and more.
With a media engagement plan in place, Ascend’s management team members were able to re-connect with international editors they had met in China and meet new editors from around the globe.
And onward into America
Whilst over in Asia, EMG China continued to support the company during the annual Chinaplas shows, Ascend decided to take part in the leading US plastics show, NPE 2015. Once again Marketing Solutions provided support and a range of services, including turnkey stand building and media relations.
A truly global full service package
The activities undertaken for Ascend Performance Materials included:
- Refining key messages and proof points in run-up to the shows
- Turnkey stand build services – registration process and liaison with organizers and suppliers, sourcing stand designs and negotiations, display development, managing budget, etc.
- Stand management and operations – including hiring and training hostesses
- Executive positioning through press conference(s) and 1-to-1’s with global publications
- Briefing documents and on-site training of stand staff and spokespersons
- Global media relations – press kit development, press centre management and media outreach to ensure share of voice in key trade press for Ascend
- Customer communications - customer invitations (HTML content and design), prize winning draw for air purifiers (based on business cards – coordinated process and follow up to customers)
- On-site advertising to drive traffic to the stand
- Marcoms and collateral support including brochure, fact sheet design and development, and more
According to Kevin Noels, Account Manager at Marketing Solutions, Ascend has benefitted from our significant chemicals and plastics sector knowledge, international capabilities and almost 25 years of experience in industrial communications. Dharm Vahalia, Global Marketing Director at Ascend Performance Materials, commented: “In addition to pitching and scheduling one-on-one interviews and a press conference, resulting in excellent coverage, Marketing Solutions are also able to deliver a broad range of supporting activities. This not only helps to save time and resources – it also ensures that key marketing messages remain consistent, all over the world.”
Kevin adds: “We have just completed another successful Chinaplas – and next on the Ascend agenda is K 2016 in Düsseldorf, which promises to be another major event on the industry calendar.”
4612 PS Bergen op Zoom
+31 164 317 000
Notes for editors
EMG is the leading international communication consultancy specialised in industrial media relations and marketing communications. With a mission to deliver effective business communications for its clients primarily in the automation, chemicals, construction, energy, packaging, marine, materials and processing sectors and related vertical markets, EMG has built its business on developing integrated marketing communications programmes for international organisations. EMG was founded in 1991 and has offices in The Netherlands and China. EMG provides international communications support to clients that include Avery Dennison, Belden, Clariant, DSM, GE, Moog and TE.
EMG is the founding partner of the Eurocom Worldwide global alliance and of EMG Asiacom, the regional network of B2B specialist agencies which provides local PR and communications expertise for key markets including China, Singapore, India, Japan, Korea and Australia.