4 Apr 2017
Perstorp is launching boosters for Cationic UV Curing – ensuring a more efficient production process for customers
Perstorp April 4, 2017 - At the European Coatings Show (April 4-6) Perstorp will launch Curalite™, a new range of boosters for cationic UV curing formulations, that can increase speed of reactivity up to 15 times. Cationic UV curing technology is the perfect choice for printing on challenging surfaces.
- Launching boosters for Cationic UV Curing
- Production in Europe
- Speeding up reactivity of cationic formulations up to 15 times
Curalite™ is Perstorp’s new range of Oxetanes that bring powerful performance and impressive speed to your cationic UV curing formulations. Adding Curalite dramatically increases the reactivity of your formulation with up to 15 times, which in turn boosts the speed of your printing or coating line enabling a more efficient production. Curalite also brings through cure and hardness which is crucial in many applications. Formulation costs can be reduced which increases competitiveness, as less amount of expensive photoinitiator is needed when adding Curalite.
Curalite is produced in Europe and available globally.
“We see a strong potential for Cationic technology and with our new range of Curalite products our customers can even further improve their formulations and speed up the production process”, says Marie Grönborg, Executive Vice President for Business area Specialties and Solutions.
The spotlight on the Perstorp stand (7A-603) will also be pointed at:
- The comeback of alkyd resins technology offering low carbon footprint and superior wood protection, in both cases superior to acrylics. With Perstorp’s renewable Penta – Voxtar™, carbon footprint of the Alkyd formulation can be reduced even more.
- Intumescent paints, where Perstorp’s Charmor™ is used to provide more time to escape from burning buildings;
- Capa™ 4101, a high performance polyol for tough conditions in two component polyurethane coatings.
- Polyurethane Dispersions and Perstorp’s broad portfolio of building blocks for durable and flexible leather protection.
Latest developments in these areas will be discussed by Perstorp experts in four presentations during the show:
- 10h50, in Hall 1/Stand 1-131: Caprolactone polyols for high performance coatings
- 14h10, in Hall 1/Stand 1-131: Spotlight on beautiful alkyds
- 15h10, in Hall 5/Stand 5-353: Polyurethane dispersions – combining high performance with environmental friendliness
- 11h30, in Hall 7/Stand 7-726: Cationic UV Curing - Speeding up reactivity 15x with Curalite
™ Trademark of Perstorp Holding AB
For more information:
Perstorp at ECS >>
Perstorp Holding AB
SE-211 20 Malmö
+46 435 380 00
Notes for editors
A global leader in high growth niches
The Perstorp Group, a trusted world industrial leader, places focused and market-driven innovation at your fingertips. Our culture of performance builds on 130 years of experience and represents a complete chain of solutions in organic chemistry, process technology and application development. As the global leader in high growth niches, such as powder and UV cured coatings, plasticizers, synthetic lubricants and grain preservation, we are committed to develop products providing essential properties to enhance the quality, performance and profitability of our customers’ products and processes. As we look to the future, we strive for the development of smarter and safer products and sustainable processes that reduce environmental impact and create real value in end-products. Perstorp has approximately 1,500 employees and manufacturing units in Asia, Europe and North America. Sales in 2016 amounted to more than SEK 11,3 billion. Discover your winning formula at www.perstorp.com.